Word On The Street is The 5th Element Magazine’s newest weekly roundup of stories found around the web. Heard and discussed by our magazine staff, to keep you on your gossip game. See something on social media we should include? Use the hashtag #WOTS and let us know.
Hit the jump to see all the trending topics.
- Undercover cops arrested five people last Saturday for weapons and drug charges during a filming in New York. The rap video was to include guest appearances by French Montana, Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule, Noreaga and Juelz Santana. [NYDailyNews]
- Sony Music and Tidal have yet to reach a final decision on the use of Sony Music’s vast catalogue, which includes Beyonce’s chart topping hits. [Time]
- Pharrell Williams is awarded the coveted “Fashion Icon” title at the 2015 CFDA Awards. We wish he opted for a suit and left the jeans at home, but he wouldn’t be an icon if he didn’t break the fashion rules every now and then. [HuffingtonPost]
- Bruce Jenner transforms into Caitlyn, appearing on the cover of Vanity Fair. The internet goes on overdrive, spawning hundreds of memes on social media within hours of the reveal while also drawing tons of praise for bringing awareness to transgender individuals. [VanityFair]
- Blue Ivy Carter and North West tackle exclusive fashion and award shows. It’s a hard life being the kids of the hip-hop elite. [Complex]
- A man who was convicted of stalking actress Mila Kunis escaped from a mental health facility in Pomona, CA. [USAToday]
- Apple’s iTunes Radio to start a monthly subscription service that will rival Spotify and other music streaming services. [WSJ]
- Young Jeezy as the world’s best dad? As a graduation present to his son, he wrote a check of $100K to invest in his son’s clothing line, International Fly Airlines (IFA). [Facebook]