Compton rapper, YG, reportedly shot 3 times while leaving a recording studio in Los Angeles. “Nothing life-threatening,” reports Karen Civil. [Hypetrak] Click through for more Word on the Street.
- Outspoken Bay Area rapper, Lil’ B, shows up on ESPN’s “Sports Nation” looking like someone’s Aunt Petunia. [MissInfo]
- Are we tired of the ongoing Karrueche Tran and Chris Brown drama? Probably not. Still, we can’t help but talk about it around the office. Her latest Instagram post bashing the R&B singer definitely sparked the social media universe. [Vibe]
“First off @chrisbrownofficial you just did an interview w Ryan Seacrest in which you spoke about me. My interview w Access Hollywood was not entirely about you.. they asked a question and as a mature adult I answered. I’m not gonna shy away from something that I lived through. I’m talking about my life and experiences. I’m not speaking on you or bashing you (like I easily could). Don’t be mad at me because our relationship is over due to your lack of loyalty. You know what’s weak?? You forcing yourself into my car.. my broken window.. blowing up my phone.. trying to shower me w gifts.. Man the fuck up and change the bs in your life like I’ve told you several times.” – Taken from Karrueche’s Instagram post
- Janet Jackson breaks her silence and announces an extensive world tour. No word if Ms. Jackson will be releasing new music prior to the tour. [Billboard]
- So many things happened at this year’s Bonnaroo music festival. One of the highlights we’ve been talking about is Chance The Rapper and Kendrick Lamar doing a freestyle session onstage with Earth, Wind and Fire. [Hypetrak]
- Lil Wayne signs a record deal with Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. [CNN]
- Ray J threw a birthday party for his dog, Boogotti, over the weekend but his Corvette was hit during the event. Amidst all the confusion, he was still able to take a selfie with a fan. [TMZ]