The latest news on hip-hop, fashion lifestyle and streetwear.
Word On The Street is The 5th Element Magazine’s weekly roundup of stories found around the web. Heard and discussed by our staff to keep you on your gossip game. Found something we should have included? Share it on the comments below.
– Rick Ross announced his 9th album will be titled Rather You Than Me. The rapper chose a very special celebrity to unveil the album cover to the world…
– G.O.O.D. Music rapper Big Sean is “making moves.” International footwear and clothing brand PUMA has chosen the rapper as the newest global ambassador and creative collaborator.
– 23-year-old Roc Nation rapper Vic Mensa was recently arrested in Beverly Hills for gun possession. Mensa was initially stopped by the police for running a red light but was sent to jail overnight after he was charged with a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon. The next morning he paid the bail in the amount of $35,000 and was released.
– While currently on his European tour, The Weeknd announced a new limited edition Starboy collection. The goods will be available from March 10 to 12 at various European pop-up locations.
– R&B siren Kehlani joined rapper Stormzy at a London show to perform “Cigarettes & Cush”
– Iggy Azalea is out here trying to stay relevant. She recently posted new photos on social media with the hashtag #MoBounce. A possible hint at new music dropping soon?
– Global fashion brand Chanel is the master of fashion shows. During Paris Fashion Week the brand had a giant rocket ship slowly propel upwards. Pharrell Williams and Cara Delevingne were just some of the A-list guest celebrities in attendance.
– Today is International Women’s Day and we’re taking you back with this 1989 gem from Queen Latifah and Monie Love!